Friday, March 1, 2013

Dar Williams "February" (Bonus Video Friday)

After a self-imposed eight-year exile from playing music (1982-1990) I decided to reinvent myself as a solo acoustic singer/songwriter.  Rock & roll as such pretty much sucked in that grunge-dominated period of the 1990's (Limp Bizkit, Stone Temple Pilots, Alice In Chains, and other bands of that ilk ruled; my friends in Watershed were in the process of getting dropped for being too power-pop), so I was forced to turn to the likes of Elliott Murphy, Billy Bragg, Luka Bloom, Dave Alvin & Richard Thompson to teach myself the ins & outs of being a solo rocker with some semblance of dignity and integrity.  And then, when Hamell On Trial came along in 1995, that pretty much sealed the deal for me.

The feminine side of my quest of discovery brought me to Suzanne Vega, Shawn Colvin & Dar Williams.  My lovely wife Debbie & I both hate winter and are sick to death of it at this point, but we truly love Dar Williams, and we truly love this song.......




inspirational verse; "And February was so long / That it lasted into March" - Dar Williams, 1996   

No comments:

Post a Comment