Friday, January 20, 2012

Bruce Springsteen & the E Street Band, Passaic Theater, 1978 / "She's The One" (Bonus Video Friday)

There’s a longer Bruce Springsteen testimonial coming in this blog that I couldn’t complete for today.  (It got out of hand.)  So let’s just say this for now: Bruce Springsteen is my Number One Rock & Roll Hero of all time.  (Replacing The Who’s Pete Townshend for many, many reasons.)  This video is from the Passaic Theater in New Jersey in 1978, when the E Street Band were, quite simply, the greatest bar band the planet Earth has ever known.  I have seen every Bruce Springsteen tour since 1976, the shows in 1978 were by far the finest.  Enjoy.




By the way, the tickets to my first Bruce show in 1976 at the Ohio Theater were $5 apiece. The service charges totaled 70 cents. In the words of the immortal Long Island poet laureate, Lou Reed, "Those were different times."  


 

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I deleted the previous comment only because it gave the twitter handle of the person who left the comment, and I wasn't sure said person would want that posted in this public a forum. If the comment is re-posted I will let it ride.......and thanks for your comment. (p.s. I'm not on twitter, or even Facebook. I'm not much of a computer or social media kinda guy. All of my third-grade report cards said, "Richard does not play well with other children." and that's sorta true to this day. But just a note: I was a Bishop Ready boy.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was probably my comment, thanks.

    ReplyDelete