Friday, December 13, 2013

Scruffy The Cat "Tiger Tiger" (Bonus Video Friday)

Hi folks, it's been awhile since I've run Bonus Video Friday, and this will be the only one in December (maybe).  I wanted to run it because it's a great, great song and because it's only ever had 259 views on YouTube, which borders on the criminal.  I used to see Scruffy The Cat on my 1980's Boston excursions (see blog entry Flying To Boston To See The Rock & Roll, January 13th, 2012) and they were always superiorly clever AND rocking.

(By the way, if anybody's interested in Christmas rock & roll videos, my favorites ran in Growing Old With Rock & Roll last December 1st, 4th, 11th, 13th, 19th, and 24th.  Check 'em out.)



inspirational verse; "Sometimes you treat me like apple pie /
Sometimes I think you wanna see me cry / I just don't know what's the matter with you /
I wish I knew, I wish I knew, I wish I knew" - Charlie Chesterman, 1986   

(And exactly how many rock & roll songs pack as many hooks AND a William Blake
reference into 2 minutes and 31 seconds as this snappy little number?) 


© 2013 Ricki C.




No comments:

Post a Comment